Deng Gai Gatluak, Head of Procurement and Logistics Unit
Mr. Deng Gai Gatluak, is a lecturer at Starford International University (SIU), faculty of law, where he lectures Democracy & Constitutionalism, Administrative law and Constitutional Law. He obtained Master of Laws (LL.M) from Girne American University (GAU), Europe-Cyprus (2017).
Mr. Gatluak, a lawyer by profession, was appointed by the President H.E. Gen. Salva Kiir Mayardiit to the National Dialogue Steering Committee (Secretariat) on the basis of youth representation and more importantly because of his history of civic service and engagement, his professional training and experience in administrative law and constitutional law, and his deep connections to the Youth leadership in South Sudan.
Mr. Gatluak’s record of public engagement includes:
- Serving as the Secretary of the drafting committee of the Transitional Constitution of Bieh State, 2018
- Serving as the Chairman of SPLM-IO Youth League and Member of SPLM-IO Political Bureau
- Serving as Secretary of Bieh State Technical Committee, where he reviewed the existing state political and economic documents, structure and past reference records, redefined clear structure of various state organs and outlined their relevant functions in conformity with the former Jonglei State constitution and drafted the Bieh State strategic action plan for six months.
In addition to civic service, Mr. Gatluak also writes on peace, politics, human rights, and other issues central to South Sudan’s Constitutionalism and democracy.
His publications include:
- SPLM leaders MUST think beyond individualistic political ambitions in the upcoming 3rd phase of the HLRF: https://radiotamazuj.org/en/news/article/splm-leaders-must-think-beyond-individualistic-political-ambitions-in-the-upcoming-3rd-phase-of-the-hlrf
- James Gatdet Dak’s death penality is an absolute miscarriage of justice: http://sudantribune.com/spip.php?article64720
- Tribal politics can maneuver to gradual extinction of freedom of speech
- South Sudan is our common unifying identity and pride (message of peace)
- What is the legality of extraterritorial use of force against non-state actor by UPDF in South Sudan