Vincent M. Wanga, Deputy Head of Information and Communications
A Political and Economic Analyst, Vincent Mark Wanga was born in 1975 in Tombura county of South Sudan. Mr. Wanga has worked in public service at various national institutions since 2005. Since South Sudan’s independence in 2011, he has continued his career in public service and is committed to contributing to the development of South Sudan. Currently, he is Deputy Head of Communication and Information Unit, South Sudan National Dialogue Steering Committee.
He holds a Masters Degree in International Education and Development (M.Phil.) from Oslo and Akershus University of Applied Science, Norway, 2012. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies from Kampala International University, 2007.
Mr. Wanga has a broad, multilingual, and international education. He started primary school in South Sudan at Li-Rangu Primary School in Yambio county and later went to Bakindo Comboni Pri & Intermediate School. During the War, he did a French immersion course and later joined the Wandu Institute in Dungu, Democratic Republic of Congo. As a student at university in Uganda, Mr. Wanga took on a wide variety of roles and responsibilities to prepare him for a career in public service:
- He was the first president of South Sudanese students among all universities in Uganda
- He worked for MS-Uganda, Danish Association for International Co-operations
- He worked as a Secretary to the Minister of Animal Resources and Fisheries (Government of South Sudan)
- He worked for World Vision International, as Design, Monitoring and Evaluation officer (DME) Regional Director for Western Equatoria State
Mr Wanga’s graduate studies and work appointments have been equally international in scope:
- He did information Analysis and Information Management in Cairo -Egypt
- He studied Advanced Political, Economic and Social Analysis at Galilee Institute of International Management in Israel from 2013-2014
- He Studied Counter Terrorism Course in Beijing-China organised by the Chinese Government for the African Union in 2016
- He participated in China-Africa Think Tank Forum at Zhejian Normal University in July 2017